Re: [RFI] Mystery Noise (Aren't they all)

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>, "Chris L. Parker" <parker601@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mystery Noise (Aren't they all)
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 19:51:51 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi Chris,

Thanks for checking this.  I can confirm, much to my chagrin, that your numbers
are correct.

Everybody

Armed with this I just got back from walking the line from the corner pole to
the west and then south to the pumping station.  I should note that with more
attention I saw that the line to the west is three phase all the way, but does
seem to carry a neutral.  One phase is feeding "my" line that runs to the north
and another phase feeds the line running to the south.

With my Sony receiver tuned to 1705 kHz and the loopstick active, there was
plenty of sensitivity, but little directivity, to hear the raucous noise under
the pole feeding the pumping station.  Subject to changing my mind, I'm now 99%
sure the source is there. Whether it's the power co-op or the water co-op at
fault remains to be seen.

More to follow.

    On Thursday, March 7, 2024 at 08:19:16 AM MST, Chris L. Parker