Re: [RFI] Mystery Noise (Aren't they all)

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mystery Noise (Aren't they all)
From: "Chris L. Parker" <parker601@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 00:17:22 +0000
Wes,

I also have the Sony ICF-SW7600GR. (US model)
Keep in mind the built-in ferrite loop antenna is used only up to 1710 kHz.
At 1711 kHz and above the radio switches to the telescopic rod antenna.
So "sniffing" must be done at 1710 kHz or below to use the directional ferrite
loop.
The ATT switch should be set to OFF for maximum sensitivity on either antenna.
I use AM mode set to NORM and tone set to MUSIC for maximum response to 120 Hz
type RFI.

Hope this helps.
Chris
AF6PX