Re: [RFI] Mystery Noise (Aren't they all)

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mystery Noise (Aren't they all)
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 10:43:08 -0700
On 3/29/2024 5:34 AM, Wes Stewart via RFI wrote:
  I wish my colleagues in the electric utility industry would look at these
issues in a different light.

Blame management. Years ago, NI6T, a longtime Topband stalwart and a fine engineer, established a relationship with an EMC engineer at PG&E. Issues that Garry reported got diagnosed by the that team. But getting them fixed was a different matter, because management of the team responsible was rewarded if they finished their fiscal year with more money in their budget unspent.

KE1B, also transplanted to W6, found that involving the Public Service Commission got things fixed.