Re: [RFI] FW: 65-foot cell tower in Chandler golf community can't be sto

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] FW: 65-foot cell tower in Chandler golf community can't be sto
From: Facility 406 <facility_406@bruteforcedevelopment.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 22:27:15 -0800
That doesn't help in my mountain community, where the "tin-hat brigade" and those with the money lobby, sue, and shout down any building permit for cell sites and even towers for other uses. Wide stretches of highways, local roads, and neighborhoods have no cell service from any vendor.

In the mid to late 90's I worked for Mobile Communications Services, which also provided services for Prime Sites, Crawford Communications, Meridian, American Tower Corporation, et cetera.

At the time, any one cell site, land, services to the site, everything on the site, labor, et cetera, before the power switch was flipped on, was a cool $10 Million- per site.

What is $10 Million of 1997 dollars, in 2023?

One doesn't need the NIMBY or Tin Hat brigade to kill an install, they need a mountain community not willing, able, or having the need to buy enough service to turn a profit off in short order, or to even justify the cost analysis up front.

In Nevada, outside of cities, where services are, services aren't. With only two major E-W roads, and three N-S, and sites needing to be every few miles, service didn't exist on some major routes, that everyone within the state, or passing through the state used, until relatively recently, and even then, primarily near more densely populated areas. Why spend $10 mill at a whack, when someone else passing through can see a problem, and drive closer to where they can make a call to report someone else's issue?

Cellular service, is a convenience in exchange for money to a dozen fly-by-night service providers a week, and, like the convenience of mail (only within ten miles of a PO, and then, only by contract with the recipient, which can take up to 3 years to decide, per the DMM), not everywhere. People sure have a "I got money, so gimme" attitude, nowadays.

Anyway, more on topic for the forum, it'd be a shame if the cell tower that "can't be stopped" suffered from catastrophic RFI rendering it completely non-functional. I doubt anyone thinks these things through.

Kurt