Re: [RFI] Sinusoidal type noise on 6 meters

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Sinusoidal type noise on 6 meters
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 14:48:15 -0700
On 11/3/2023 1:14 PM, Steve Dyer W1SRD via RFI wrote:
Probably not is my guess.

I agree. But the sweep width is far too narrow to be useful in profiling electronic noise. I'd try to use the widest setting on then radio. This slide deck for talks I've done at Visalia, Pacificon, and to several clubs talks about that, and has a lot of tutorial material on chasing noise.
http://k9yc.com/KillingRXNoiseVisalia.pdf

NK7Z's website has great info on using an inexpensive SDR RX to study noise spectra. Among other things, it recommends 24 hour sweeps to learn when noise comes and goes, and to identify one source from others.