[RFI] Sinusoidal type noise on 6 meters

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Sinusoidal type noise on 6 meters
From: wx3k--- via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 17:33:43 +0000 (UTC)
All
I have had this odd noise for some time now(Over a year)
My yagi azimuth peaks on a power line/pole about 200’ from my tower.
This is not noise coming from my house.

The noise shows up early evening and is intermittent and tends to die off
within hours. I also hear this when its raining outside.
I have DFed the noise using a simple dipole and portable 50 MHz receiver and
found it appears to be along the primary power line(Standard residential power
distribution with telephone poles and single phase power line)
Here is a video clip of the noise on my rig
https://youtu.be/GUxJhjb1YTc?si=qy6uiAxIhuCbcxEt
Is this corona discharge ?

Stephanie WX3K