Re: [RFI] Interfering signal on 40 meter

To: Ken Gordon <kgordon2006@frontier.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Interfering signal on 40 meter
From: Chuck Gooden <Chuck.Gooden@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:58:33 -0500
You will have to post a lot more details here like a waterfall from HDSDR or some other SDR receiver if you have one. If you can turn off all of your breakers in your house or apartment and run the radio on battery.

Or turnoff all of your breakers EXCEPT the one for the radio.  If the noise is still there run an extension cord to an outlet on a different breaker.  Then turn on that breaker and shut off the break that powered your radio.  If the noise is still there it most likely inside your house and probably in your ham shack.

Are there other frequencies that you hear the signal on?  Try tuning up and down and see if it repeats.  Also be sure to check harmonics above and below 7103 Khz (ie 3.551, 2,367 mhz and 14,206, 21,309 ect)

I had a Unifi network switch that generated S9 noise level across a lot of frequencies.

If its not in your house its time to start DFing the signal.

Chuck K9LC