Re: [RFI] INtermittant signal on 7103 kHz

To: Christopher Wawak <kc2ieb@wawak.org>
Subject: Re: [RFI] INtermittant signal on 7103 kHz
From: "Ken Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:06:05 -0700
On 21 Mar 2024 at 15:32, Christopher Wawak wrote:

> Have you looked for the signal on a websdr?

Good thinking. Thanks.

I tried a bunch of SDRs and could hear it very weakly on only one of the Utah
bunch.

Couldn't hear it at all on most of the others.

I couldn't get the one in Texas to give me any sound, and I really didn't feel
like installing
Java just now.

In any case, it is suggesting that the carrier is very close to me, maybe even
in my own
home.

Further investigation is in order here.

I'll run my rig (Kenwood TS-820S) on a battery for receiving then turn off the
house breakers
one by one to see if that makes any difference.

I'll report back here.

Ken W7EKB