Re: [RFI] UPDATE re: Source power pole located - but wonder which compon

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] UPDATE re: Source power pole located - but wonder which components most likely temperature sensitive
From: <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 17:55:16 -0600
>"ONE WONDERS then how effective an ultrasonic micro 'dish' works if
> the same principle applies, with hidden arcs and the like?"

Ultrasonic sound is high frequency audio and as such it generally won't
travel
around objects.

Consider the US detector as strictly line of sight instrument.  It won't
detect
sound coming from say, arcs inside of transformers or lightning
arresters.
Even a lineman's hand is enough to block a US sound when he's near the
source.

Charlie, N0TT

interest..https://www.inmr.com/uv-ir-imaging-of-defects-in-hv-components/