Re: [RFI] Refrigerator RFI

To: Jim McCook <w6ya@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Refrigerator RFI
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 12:05:34 -0400
Hi Jim,

Here is a link to a video of mine from 2 years ago regarding RFI at W9RE
from a neighbors refrigerator and it shows what we had to do to mitigate
it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDB8rAwVt5Y&t=0s

In this specific case a common mode choke using an FT240-31 on the power
cord was not totally adequate as was the use of a commercial power line
filter (such as a Corcom filter).  In this case we had to use both in
series to completely mitigate the RFI, and this is definitely not the first
time I've had to use both types of filters in series to be completely
effective.

Just FYI, and Good Luck.
Don (wd8dsb)