Re: [RFI] Refrigerator RFI

To: Jim McCook <w6ya@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Refrigerator RFI
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 15:08:19 +0000
I won't regurgatate what has already been related.  Yes, our new
frig/freezer pretty much flattened HF.  I had to install a rather robust
common mode choke on the line cord.  While I can still detect its
emissions, I can tolerate it.  Problem is not just the embedded SMPSs, but
the touch panel as well.

If you look at the current specifications on the characteristics label,
small wire and a small core are not adequate.  I used AWG #12 conductor
with four turns on a 4" 31 material toroidal core.

Dave - WØLEV

--

*Dave - WØLEV*