Re: [RFI] LED Street lights

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED Street lights
From: Alan Higbie <alan.higbie@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 20:34:05 -0600
Eric ~

About three years ago, I was in the same situation - with impending LED
street lights about to be installed.

See this earlier post on this reflector:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/RFI/2020-03/msg00000.html

I found a place where the city had already installed the same lights.  I
took my portable shortwave receiver to that area and sniffed all around.

No RFI found.   Since then, the lights down the street closest to me were
changed - and still nothing.

I suggest you make before-and-after notes of what your noise floor is on
each of the bands you use.  That way you can detect any increase (or
possibly decrease) in noise.

73, ~ Alan K0AV