Re: [RFI] Noisy Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS)

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noisy Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS)
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 19:48:35 -0500
On 6/18/2023 2:02 PM, Wes Stewart via RFI wrote:
A (really) preliminary look at RFI using my Perseus SDR and a single-turn loop shows
some garbage while the unit is powered.  It gets much worse when it goes into
backup mode.

It's really hard to tell whether RFI you see with a probe like that is going to be an issue. They're most useful when you DO have an issue, and you're trying to track down the source.

FWIW, I have a 1500 VA Cyberpower UPS in the station, and I've never detected any RFI from it. However, my noise level is fairly high, so there might be some detectable in a quiet QTH.

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA