Re: [RFI] LG 12,000 BTU Model Advice

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>, James Gordon Beattie Jr <w2ttt@att.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LG 12,000 BTU Model Advice
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 13:27:32 +0000 (UTC)
 As I suspected.  From the LG website: "*Inverter Technology is a key attribute
of LG’s new room air conditioners. It is used in conjunction with a
variable-speed compressor and adjusts the compressor motor speed to regulate
temperature. "
If you are okay with the current model, I would put in another one.  The
efficiency difference in percentage sounds like a lot, but from a power
consumption standpoint at this size is immaterial.

I went through this agony a couple of months ago when shopping to a whole
house, roof-mounted, packaged heat pump.  The latest trend is to use a Bosch
which has an inverter driven variable-speed compressor and variable-speed
condenser fan, plus an ECM blower.  The option was another Trane/American
Standard with a two-speed compressor, single speed condenser fan and an ECM
blower.
I did not have objectionable noise from the ECM, but my antennas are >100 feet
from the house.  I could not get an answer about the rfi potential of the Bosch
from any source, including here, so took the safe route.
Wes  N7WS

    On Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 10:28:40 PM MST, James Gordon Beattie Jr