[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 03:14:21 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 29

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   3      2
   80:  13     11
   40:  18     12
   20:   3      2
   15:   2      2
Total:  39     29  Total Score = 1,131

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I was glad to have a few Midwest Qs on both 15 and 20, but nothing heard in
other directions.  Thought I had my 80 meter self-RFI cured this afternoon after
adding more ferrites, the big FT240-31 cores with multiple turns on the DC power
cable to the logging computer and another one on the coax at the balun
connection to the window line feed.  Tested on 80 meters at 100 watts this
afternoon with no random character insertions in the Entry window, but
tonight......ha!  Had to dial back TX power to 40 watts and still had some
occasional bogeys.  I'll keep at it until I get this problem solved.

3-baggers with W1NN, KW8N, NA8V - thanks, gents!  Had hoped to make 40 Qs
tonight, but the bell rang on 160 when I tried N3QE - sorry, Tim!

All said, it was a better night for propagation than the past several weeks.

Many thanks for the Qs, and 73,
MikeNH