[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 03:15:29 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 15

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   3      3
   80:  13     11
   40:  17     15
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
Total:  33     29  Total Score = 957

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Missed the memo about using bugs tonight, but that wouldn't have made much
difference without practice (and connecting it to the rig!). DanWA forewarned us
that 'BUGS' might emerge from his lair, and we were not disappointed.  Glad to
hear several others rattling those weights.......

Was hoping for better propagation on 15 and 20 this week after last week's
debacle, but twas not here in NH.  Come to think of it, last week's propagation
brought about rare events: (1) my buddy Al, W1FJ and I had ** exactly ** the
same number of Qs and mults; (2) K7SS was shut out on 15 and 20 with goose eggs!
; The Locust re-emerges after a 7 year absence (give or take a few years).
Portents of the End Times??

40 propagation was long tonight - loudest signal here was K3PA from KS!  Usual
boomers from the Midwest were weak tonight, but still caught a few. 80 was
better than I had feared, but had to dial back TX power again to reduce RFI to
logging computer.  160 was fun - loud signals from Midwest and Mid-Atlantic.

Many thanks for the Qs, and 73,
MikeNH