[3830] CWopsT AH7RF Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT AH7RF Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 05:09:14 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Sep 28

Call: AH7RF
Operator(s): AH7RF
Station: AH7RF

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:

Total:   7  Mults = 5  Total Score = 35

Hello from up on tantalus, POTA K-2222, Oahu!

Same setup as last week - half mile hike and a bit off on a pig trail, KX2, 21ft
endfed and 17ft telescopic mast/walking stick/crappie pole.  Oh, and DEET! This
time I got more contacts than mosquito bites!  I'm quite happy with this setup,
this is my favorite park with miles and miles of trails, it's just awesome up
here!

This was completely unassisted! Usually I like to check the RBN for what KH6LC
can hear, it's a good start as to what's workable for me. But: no signal on my
phone, so no help there.  Not a problem, I pounced what I could, and then ran -
NH6O worked me on all bands I tried (20m,15m,40m), and was quite loud.  After
reading his 3830, yes, I see why! His condo was facing the park I was at. Cool!

Signals sounded very faint, but clear, there was hardly any noise, and the SWR
was all wonky for me.  When this happened before, my endfed matchbox had loose
connections inside.  I'm surprised it worked at all! I'll take it apart and fix
it before the next outing.

Aloha and 72

Heather
AH7RF