[3830] CWopsT AH7RF Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT AH7RF Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 08:13:17 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0700Z Sep 7

Call: AH7RF
Operator(s): AH7RF
Station: AH7RF

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:

Total:   4  Mults = 3  Total Score = 12

Hello from Kawaihae, Big Island!

KX2 and either the endfed (with inverter noise), or the chicken run (the
chickens are happily roosting away from this nonsense, no chickens harmed here).
 I'm sorry. Antenna experiments, I had to.

Anyways - on 40m - signals heard using the chicken run were about 1-2 s units
lower than the endfed, BUT, way less noise than the endfed. I could hear Stan
AH6KO and that was it (true for the endfed as well).  It took multiple tries to
get him, using the chicken run antenna, and he's usually pretty easy on 40m.

On 20m - I tried a bunch of times to get K3MM with the chicken run antenna, no
luck at all, not even a "?".  So I switched back to the endfed, and he
was a LOT louder. Dropped my call in at the right time and got him on the first
try with the endfed!

Then a lot of search and pounce on 20m, and picked up JN1THL and AH6KO, using
the endfed.

I was very surprised by how quiet the noise was using the chicken run 'antenna'
on 40m... I may need to investigate that a bit more. It's about 10 (?) feet from
the endfed, and about the same distance from the inverters....

Anyways, thanks for working me with my extra compromised antennas! :-)

Aloha and 72

Heather
AH7RF