Re: [TowerTalk] COAX SEAL

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] COAX SEAL
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 12:56:33 -0700
Steve's points emphasize that "one size does not fit all." My connectors exposed to weather are on everything from vertical runs of RG8/RG11 to high dipoles, to rotating Yagis, to CATV coax from RX antennas. 300 ft runs of 7/8-in line to Yagis on towers transition to rotator loops and station entry panel. Some of these cable transitions do not allow for a drip loop. Some are laying on the ground.

UHF connectors are standard in my station for everything but hardline, where I use type-N. Thanks to my QTH on the wrong side of the ridge for VHF/UHF, the only thing I do above 6M is FM for Emcomm. Those who think UHF connectors are inadequate up to 100 MHz slept through their Transmission Lines classes.

73, Jim K9YC