Re: [TowerTalk] Electrical Tape

To: john simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Electrical Tape
From: Bill Cotter <n4lg@qx.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 16:04:16 -0400
John,

A second thought before an electrical tape bake-off:

It really doesn't matter what quality electrical tape you use to cover connections, PROVIDED you wrap the final taped connection with CoaxSeal.

The electrical tape is best used to protect the connectors/connection from the CoaxSeal's gooey stickum. The electrical tape peels right off the connectors when you go to remove the CoaxSeal. Putting CoaxSeal directly on connections is miserable to remove - I did that once and still remember, hi! And, CoaxSeal is superior to any electrical tape for preventing water ingress.

73 Bill N4LG