Re: [TowerTalk] Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances

To: "'Bob K6ZZ'" <bob.selbrede@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances
From: "Andy Brinkley" <nc4ab@nc4ab.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 07:26:29 -0500
Bob -  Good luck with the move!!

Hopefully Tennessee is accommodating as North Carolina is for “Antenna Support
Structures”  - notice I did not use the word “Tower”, the word tower apparently
has a different meaning to the AHJs.

The building inspector’s office was great to deal with once they figured out it
was not for commercial use, and issued a building permit for a structure – even
though it was a HDX-555 tower. I had 3 inspections done footing (hole), final
mechanical after it was completed and final electrical (grounding / bonding
system).  The only requirements that I can remember were the same as for a
normal structure  - 35 feet setback from the rear property line (since the
structure was over “3” stories tall) and a 10 foot setback from the side
property line.

Andy / NC4AB