Re: [TowerTalk] Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances Digest, Vol 251, Issue 13

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances Digest, Vol 251, Issue 13
From: Steve Davis | Davis RF <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 01:23:36 +0000
Gone are the days like the 1970's when I walked into our bldg. inspector with a
plot plan.  In the middle of the woods in back of my house I drew an X on the
plan, and said "100 ft tower."   Bldg inspector did a quick look and said,
"well, if it falls over, its all on your land."  ..no need for a permit or
whatever.

 I never admitted this til now, but the guy lines were anchored to a 3/4"
threaded galv  rod implanted a right angles to the guys, through some pretty
hefty oak trees.  ends out each side had hardware to attach the guys to.  TH6
DX and 20 (21?   HI)  el 2m collinear on top, + slopers.   44 years later
(2016) standing strong, through many NEasterns and hurricanes in MA.

Not the way to do it, but I had a friend who did it with 3 towers, he was sort
of the proving ground.

I apologize to all you engineers who are huffing/puffing now about what I did.

 Don't ask me about the base, that still will remain a secret  HI
But take a guess if you like.

 Have a Great T Day, and Thanks for all your patronage.

 Steve,  K1PEK   DAVIS RF.    DAVIS ROPE    (no the guys were per spec, not
rope)

   5. Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances (Bob K6ZZ)
   6. Re: Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances (Ron WV4P)
   7. Re: Amateur Radio Tower Ore A. Flynn)
   8. Re: Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances (Wes Stewart)
   9. Re: Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances (Bob K6ZZ)
  10. Re: Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances (Jack Brindle)
  11. Re: Amateur Radio Tower Ordinances (Steve Jones)

Message: 5