Re: [TowerTalk] Exothermic welding mold

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Exothermic welding mold
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 11:58:15 -0700

I've used magnesium ribbons before as well, but the sparklers work much better ... at least for me.  I've also considered making more of the flash powder to use as starter material since the normal flint starter should set that off pretty easily.  I haven't had a need for making thermite welds for a while, though, so haven't done so.

I do find it odd that sparklers (and in recent years even fireworks) have been legal in Arizona given the wildfire issues here as well, but then again July 4th is typically (but not this year) within our monsoon season .... and of course our cities are urban wastelands of concrete and asphalt.   ;)

73,
Dave   AB7E