Re: [TowerTalk] AFCI RFI?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AFCI RFI?
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 12:07:24 -0700
On 3/16/23 11:09 AM, Gary Schafer wrote:
I went thru about 3 sets of Eaton breakers. The problem was not rf but with
surge current when I would turn the radio on, they would trip.
I finally took them out and put in regular breakers.

Know that code requires that only breakers of the same manufacturer as the
panel be installed.

Gary k4fmx

Gary Schafer
715-589-2277

I think the code requirement is that "listed compatible breakers" be used. Otherwise, if you had a panel from a mfr that has gone out of business, you couldn't replace a failed breaker.  There's also 3 or 4 brands that are now all Siemens.

It is also true that a lot of panel manufacturers say "only use our breakers" - and if that's what it says, then that's what the NEC requires.