Re: [TowerTalk] AFCI RFI?

To: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AFCI RFI?
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 11:13:48 -0700
"I'm having my electric service panel in our home replaced and wanted to ask if any of you have had experience, either good or bad, with code-required arc-fault circuit interrupters and related RFI?"

Check here, they've been mentioned numerous times, and seem to come up a few times a year:

I don't recall hearing about them generating RFI, but are very prone to tripping at the slightest thing. They are so sensitive, they can't even handle being connected to our service, they trip at random, like popcorn popping. Probably a good device in theory, and under lab conditions, but problems on the line renders them useless in our region, so never personally experienced an RFI issue.

Kurt