Re: [RFI] Tiny SA Ultra with DXE Flag and Preamp?

To: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Tiny SA Ultra with DXE Flag and Preamp?
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 22:14:23 -0400
Jim,

Two more quick comments.

When using the TinySA Utlra it’s best to keep the maximum signal level into
the TinySA Ultra mixer below -25dBm to prevent internal generation of
spurious emissions due to mixer overload (you can use internal attenuation
or external attenuation to accomplish this).

Also regarding TinySA Ultra sensitivity you will have maximum sensitivity
(lowest noise floor) when using the smallest RBW setting but this will also
slow down the sweep time.

Don wd8dsb