Re: [RFI] 80 meters RFI at N9CJT tracked down to an AT&T line (probably

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 80 meters RFI at N9CJT tracked down to an AT&T line (probably VDSL)
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 12:05:23 -0700
I strongly disagree. The FIRST thing we should do in chasing noise is to determine whether it is impulse noise (mostly power line) or electronic noise, of which this is an example. Once that is determined, NK7Z's excellent method of 24 hour recordings revealing WHEN the noise is present lets us know WHEN to chase it. And when multiple sources are present, it can prevent us from getting confused.

I DO agree that trying to determine specific sources from their spectrum is a fool's errand.

73, Jim K9YC