Re: [RFI] 80 meters RFI at N9CJT tracked down to an AT&T line (probably

To: RFI <rfi@contesting.com>, Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 80 meters RFI at N9CJT tracked down to an AT&T line (probably VDSL)
From: AA5CT via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 13:34:00 +0000 (UTC)
 ATT "U-Verse" service perhaps?

I had straight ATT DSL, the original 3 MBit offering years back starting about
2010, and
all energy was below 160 meters even (I work 160 from this small lot and the
telcoservice ran under one half of the QW tuned loop) ... I even bridged the
line to have a look
with a spectrum analyzer when the service became intermittent and I said: "What
do Ihave to lose?" by looking.

ATT pushed U-Verse heavily a few years back, I never saw the need to upgrade,
so I didn't,but apparently I was affecting other U-Verse subscribers on my
block with 1 kW operationson 160 meters ... one day I had come home and found
an ATT employee taking  picturesof my house and I asked him what was up, and he
explained it.

I also noted several carriers in the 80 meter band, attributed by me to ATT
U-Verse signalleakage, this was a few years back and I have not looked for a
couple years.

de AA5CT Jim

    On Sunday, September 10, 2023, 8:03:57 AM GMT-5, Don Kirk