[RFI] medical lab RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] medical lab RFI
From: David Hale <astronomerdave@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 15:07:26 -0700
Because of my background I was forwarded an email from a peer, with the
subject "Radio Frequency Interference Testing" which said,

Kind of an ‘out of left field’ question, but do you know of (or know who
might know of) companies that test for radio frequency interference?

I have a friend who has a fancy medical lab in his building and they’re
worried that some of their equipment is being affected by RFI from a cell
phone antenna that has recently been installed.

The peer is in Pasadena, CA and I assume "the friend" is probably also here.
I realize their question is VERY vague and we have no idea what kind of
equipment, what kind of interference, or why they think it's related to
cell phones (other than they seem to have observed a correlation with the
recent installation).

Can someone suggest some intelligent follow-up questions so that I (we)
might be able to help them? Is there such a company that could help them
with their problem? (I don't feel I'm expert enough to help.)

Thanks,

Dave N3WTK