Re: [RFI] POE home lighting experiences?

To: John Langdon <WOYB10051@outlook.com>, David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] POE home lighting experiences?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 14:37:57 -0700
On 7/14/2023 12:28 PM, John Langdon wrote:
I was more worried about PWM controllers and harmonics, even with a
conventional power supply. I guess I'll have to demand to listen to an
installation to see if it generates RFI or not.

The slides for my tutorial talk at Visalia and Pacificon lists several battery powered receivers that are very useful in evaluating devices and systems for RFI. k9yc.com/publish.htm The title of the piece is about building contest scores by killing noise. The most useful is a vintage Kenwood TH-F6A VHF/UHF talkie that has wideband RX. I've seen other talkies with this capability. There's also a very nice consumer AM/FM/shortwave RX that WA6NMF turned me on to 6-8 years ago.

73, Jim K9YCl