Re: [RFI] POE home lighting experiences?

To: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] POE home lighting experiences?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 14:32:40 -0700
On 7/14/2023 11:53 AM, David Eckhardt wrote:
A decade plus or so ago in a house we no longer live in, we had it installed.  I requested use of ONLY a "real transformer".  What did the installer use?  An "electronic transformer".  This is nothing but yet another SMPS with no decoupling what-so-ever.  It killed all of HF, the AM BCB, and upwards of 2-Meters.  Just say NO........

I first encountered "electronic transformers" at a "know-nothing but lots of attitude" electrical supply house after moving to Santa Cruz in 2006. There were three of them in backboxes for fixtures in the main bathroom, and they destroyed the EU Beverage that ran next to the bathroom. The problem is that real transformers won't fit in most backboxes. My final solution was to improvise with an linear supply in the ceiling running special LED devices from a vendor who sold at Pacificon and Visalia.