Re: [RFI] Noise Level During Power Outage

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise Level During Power Outage
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 14:06:43 -0600
On 2/1/2023 12:51 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 2/1/2023 4:52 AM, K9MA wrote:
Besides the preponderance of 120 Hz harmonics in the AM audio, the very broadband nature of line noise is usually the main indicator.

120 Hz is also a strong component of electronic noise generated by power supplies and power control equipment. The audio spectrum is not a great clue -- the RF/IF waterfall shows where the bodies are buried.

That's true, but I have never seen broadband noise with 120 Hz harmonics in the AM audio which was NOT power line noise. And, alas, I've seen a lot of line noise.

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA