[RFI] RFI when solar array is switched off?

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI when solar array is switched off?
From: <nlsa@nlsa.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 12:19:15 -0500
Dear friends,

I have a question about the "off" state of PV arrays.  If a solar array
generates RFI when it is on, does it stop when the array is turned off?

I suppose that the answer depends on several factors:

*       type of array (string inverter vs microinverter)
*       definition of "off"
*       mains disconnect status

I'm asking because my family is considering a pretty big array.  I don't
know in advance whether its RF emissions will be troublesome to my 2m EME
system but I assume the worst.  However, if I can throw a switch that
RF-silences the solar array while I'm operating, then the problem
disappears..

Thanks -

Michael, W9IP