Re: [RFI] Please comment this picture

To: rfi <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Please comment this picture
From: Frank W3LPL <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 17:21:13 -0500 (EST)
Hi Wes,

The justification for 5K or greater common mode choke resistance
is to limit ferrite core heating for transmitting applications.
Although it can be done, IMHO there's no imperative for 5K choke
resistance for receiving applications.

Its also not apparent to me why a choke is needed at the transmitter
or transceiver end of a coaxial cable unless their shielding effectiveness
is very poor.

73
Frank
W3LPL