Re: [RFI] Tip on approach to, or where to start looking for new noise so

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Tip on approach to, or where to start looking for new noise source
From: mstangelo@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 11:24:59 -0500 (EST)
Good advice. When you turn off breakers don't forget to turn off any battery
backup devices during your investigation.

I had a nagging noise on 60 meters. I turned off all circuit breakers but still
had the noise. I turned off the battery backup system I have in the shack and
the noise disappeared. I turned on the power and disconnected each power supply
connected to the battery backup and isolated the noise to a power supply to our
wireless phone. I had to place a Fair Rite 31 toroid on the power cord near the
power supply and one at the phone to eliminate the noise.

Mike N2MS