[RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis
From: "Gary Peterson" <kzerocx@rap.midco.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 16:23:20 -0600
Jim,

Prior to the Wheeler Commission, we saw someone from the district field office
about once a year.  These visits usually resulted in some behavior correction.

Previous Federal Communication Commissions may have been beating the horse, but
the Wheeler Commission put a bullet in its head.  My recollection is that
Wheeler came out of the cable TV business.

I recall Wheeler boasting that all those people and field offices were not
needed and the FCC can keep a lid on things with a couple of Tiger Teams.  It
appears that the tigers have been sleeping and are in sore need of dentures.

73,

Gary, K0CX

The "de-nutting" of the FCC began with "small government" in the early
'80s that drastically reduced its funding.

Jim K9YC