Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis
From: James Gordon Beattie Jr <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 21:29:14 +0000
Jim,
But somehow government is even more enormous today, yet useful positions such
as FCC field engineers are still gone from the government.

At one point the FCC Commissioners were each required by Congress to have one
ENGINEER on their staffs!  This funded mandate was driven by the propagation of
lawyers and not engineers across the agency.  Later on they re-focused staff
residency in the DC area and reduced staff around the country.  That's fine as
long as you only need an engineer in MD/DC/VA.  Who runs an organization so
disconnected from those they serve?  The FCC.
73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964
W2TTT@ATT.NET