Re: [RFI] Water treatment system RFI?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Water treatment system RFI?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 14:15:45 -0700
On 9/19/2021 6:43 PM, Kenny Silverman wrote:
We need a new water treatment system (we’re on well water) and all the new
systems are digital. Anyone experienced RFI from a new system?  Or just treat it like
any electric device?

Hi Kenny,

Treat it as a potential source of RFI, but don't assume that it WILL be unless there's variable speed-control of a motor.

We're also on a well, a Well-Xtrol-branded pressure pump controller and WX-302 pressure tank came with the house when we bought it 16 years ago. All of the wiring is either underground or in conduit, most of it around the unit is in flexible stuff, and the controllers are in steel boxes. There's also a Triple O-branded TWTS-101 ozone water treatment unit. The motor controller functions as on-off, not variable speed. Same for the well motor.

I just checked -- my Kenwood TH-F6A used as a probe for noise heard nothing around 2 MHz. If it's not there, I wouldn't expect to see it anywhere else.