Re: [CQ-Contest] Single band rule WPX RTTY

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Single band rule WPX RTTY
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 14:22:46 -0800
I define FAQs as questions asked because the "rules" or "manuals" are poorly written or are incomplete. That is clearly the case with this issue.

10-15 years ago, not long after moving to W6, I operated in a BARTG RTTY contest, reading the rules about exchanges, hours, etc. I signed my call, K9YC, operating from the mailing location on my license. I was disqualified because I didn't sign /6. That requirement was buried in a paragraph about scoring. I haven't worked that contest since.

This has long been an issue with ARRL contests, with applicable rules scattered between multiple documents. Thankfully rules for some ARRL contests are being re-written so that everything is one document.

73, Jim K9YC