Re: [CQ-Contest] Spoofed Self spots

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spoofed Self spots
From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@advanced-conversion.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 16:30:53 +0000
Some have mentioned that this nothing new.  I beg to differ.  I almost always
take a look at my spots after a contest.  I can count on one hand in 10 years
how many I felt were spoofed and NONE were spoofing me as me.  They were using
my call to spot them when I don't operate assisted and never do spots if I am
competing.  This was different.  3 spots of me spotting me - really?  Who would
be that stupid anyway.  And 3 spot of me on a frequency I was not on as I was
running elsewhere at the time.

Whatever this was more like a contesting spot cyber attack.

Ed  N1UR