Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Contests and Logs Forums Help

1-3 of 3 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Contests and Logs Reply
by NT9E on July 4, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
I keep a written logbook for my day to day qso's and I also keep my log on the computer. When I contest, I use a contest program and then update my normal logging program with the contest Q's so all Q's are in chronological order. Question(for those who still keep a written log): Do you put your contest Q's in your written logbook as well?

RE: Contests and Logs Reply
by KB8YJU on July 5, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
I usually won't write in the contest contacts, but like you I do export them into my every day logging program. I use my paper log book almost like a diary or journal. When I'm casually operating, I'll write them in the paper log and transfer them over later. At the smae time, I'll have little notes and observations written all over the place....... antenna ideas, weather observations (first snow of the year and so forth) and other random thoughts.
Should be fun to look back at it in 30 or 40 years I figure :)
Joe

RE: Contests and Logs Reply
by W7VJ on July 6, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
I use Logic5 for non contest logging and CT during the contest. Once a contest is over, I convert the CT files into adif (.adi) files and import them into Logic5. In so doing, I have access to all QSOs and can use the QSL and search functions of Logic5 for contest QSOs. Easier for awards tallying and responding to QSLs as well.

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   New to radio
Previous Topic:   ETM-9C-X3
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.