[3830] CQWW CW WX3B SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WX3B SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:58:04 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:   95    19       59
   20:  183    25       79
   15:  171    92       95
   10:  242    29       89
------------------------------
Total:  691   102      322  Total Score = 831,464

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first "Part remote"/Part on campus effort.  I was
impressed by how good 40 meters sounded hours after darkness/before European
Sunrise.

Like Bruce, N1LN mentioned in his writeup, I was also stress testing a fixed
amplifier that died the Saturday night after CQWW DX SSB.  With the help of N3SB
and NY3A, this was easily diagnosed and fixed, and it survived 1800+ W1AW/3
earlier this month, as well as the short runs for a few hours on 10 in the CW
contest.  I remain optimistic!!

I started on the high bands at about 2:30pm Saturday and was greeted by
disturbed band conditions, but the rates were still good.

On Sunday, I got an earlier start at about 10:30am and headed straight for 10,
which sounded great!!  Wall to wall signals - a few bursts of good pileups (I
was fresh meat), however there were also periods that approached a minute where
I Had no callers.  Strange...

Off to 15, 20 & 40 over the day, trying to maximize my fun with rate, along
with pouncing on multipliers for score.  Highlight on 40 was having a VU respond
to me early in our opening.  That station had some big ears!!

Never got on 80 or 160...and missed the stellar Asian opening I heard about on
Sunday evening.

A short, fun effort, and as always, watching the scoreboard was exciting.  I
heard a credible rumor that there was at least one or two SURPRISES from people
not posting to the scoreboard...

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and is getting ready for the rest of the
holidays.

73,

Jim  WX3B