[3830] CQWW CW KT7E(@K7ZS) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KT7E(@K7ZS) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:56:53 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): KI7Y KN7K KR7X WR7T WN6W KE7AUB
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OREGON
Operating Time (hrs): 45:51

  160:    6     6        4
   80:   43     9       13
   40:  484    29       76
   20:  335    30       74
   15:  555    31       91
   10:  421    27       57
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Another, while the cat is away, the rats will play event this weekend at K7ZS
using KT7E. The cat K7ZS, did operate remote station 1 at times, our 2nd hybrid
operation, with  KT7E crew operating run station 1. Worked out pretty well again
- some inter-station interference, mainly when one hits the exact harmonic, but
manageable. Antenna sharing coordinated via telegram channel.

KI7Y (jim), KN7K (sergey), KR7X (hank), WR7T (phil),  WN6W (sam) and KE7AUB
(andy) were the KT7E ops (the rats).

Plan was to not have dead air during the night. With potential stormy solar
weather to impact things, we needed to be on air. KE7AUB, the usual night shift
op and now on-site station curator needed some snooze time, while the others
operated. Worked out ok.

KI7Y opened the contest on 10 and had a very good run. WR7T would also show up
Friday later and had a great session on 40 in to EU - picking up 47 countries
for a nice mult base, for KE7AUB to build upon running ASIA from 12 am to 6
am-ish. KE7AUB also swept 160/80 for some mults but concentrated on 40M
running.

KN7K arrived promptly at 8 AM Saturday for his dawn to dusk session that he
requested, with the rest of us staying out of the way. Murphy was trying to ruin
things, but we beat him back. Sergey was done at 4:40 PM, but I said, ‘Hey
it’s not dusk yet, so Sergey kept on, and then at 5 PM I said ‘You can’t
leave now, all them JA’s want to work you’ - he had a nice JA pile up on 10
or 15. So he was stuck until 6 PM. Great job for 970K of our total point
effort!

WR7T brought the pizza, that KI7Y and KE7AUB baked, then KE7AUB for a 2 1/2 cat
nap while KI7Y/WR7T kept working. KE7AUB back on at 12AM, but took me really an
hour to really wake up. On till 6 AM, with KI7Y back in shack at 4 AM to
supervise my CW. Mostly ran on 40, but picked up a couple of cool 80M mults.
Missed the 3B9 call that called me on 40 - I was tired, but KI7Y had him call a
bit later for the double mult.

KE7AUB off for a much needed cat nap, KI7Y and then KR7K took over at 8 AM
Sunday until almost 11 AM. WN6W would get his chance at Noon. Sam had a nice
Asia run in the last hour on 15 with W calls calling in-between to get their
last chance at the rare zone 3 domestic mult.

15 was really hot all weekend, regardless of solar weather impact, it seemed. 10
was good too. 20 was watery at times, but workable. 40 overall was good, but
weird at times. KE7AUB struggled to copy some weak W stations east of us on 40,
back off the beam, which does not help, or KE7AUB still developing weak CW
signal skill copy. 80 seemed good and 160 N/S seemed better than E/W - snagged
TI on 160, not an easy path usually).

15 was our money band - it was hot. 40 was band number 2 - it was really pretty
good for the most part. A good call on me, with enough daylight ops,  not
sacrificing 40M and rest of the low bands at night, plus Phil’s great Friday
evening 40M effort into EU land (the calm before the storm).

All in all a pretty good weekend for KT7E crew, with a minor Murphy appearance.
Thanks to the cat for letting the rats play. Also, a big thanks to all who
called us / worked us.

73
KE7AUB for KT7E crew