[3830] CQWW CW N4IW SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, davidsimms1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4IW SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:13:47 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N4IW
Operator(s): N4IW
Station: N4IW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:    2     2        2
   80:    3     3        2
   40:   23    10       14
   20:   16    12       12
   15:   34    16       28
   10:   40    17       27
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

CQ Worldwide CW Contest - 11/25-26/2023

Although I’ve been a ham since 1982, this was my first ever CW contest, and my
4th contest overall using N1MM.  That being said, I had a lot to learn and spent
a lot of my time reading the N1MM documentation.  It took me awhile to be able
to get into the flow of the contacts but once I figured that out things went ok.
 All of my contacts were S&P.  I still struggled with the speeds of the CW
being sent because my CW skills are pretty rusty.  The spotting and other
automation available inside of N1MM helped me greatly.  In my view many running
contest stations would have more contacts if they would slow down a little bit.
I listened to many stations sending unintelligible machine generated automated
CQs over and over with no takers.  I had several family obligations and other
things that kept my BIC at a fairly pedestrian level.  All in all it was a lot
of fun and I exceeded my early expectations.