[3830] CQWW SSB N6AN SOSB10 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6an@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N6AN SOSB10 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 00:30:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: N6AN

Class: SOSB10 QRP
QTH: LAX

------------------------------
Total:  76     21       37  Total Score = 11,716

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Portable from Flint Peak, SOTA W6/CT-225. 5 watts, half square antenna fed with

CAT5e single twisted pair, supported by two 19' collapsing fishing poles.
Conditions Friday were good.
Around 02Z local police decided I should not be on the summit and used a
helicopter to chase me off. Oh, please!
I went back anyway on Saturday and Sunday when conditions were not as
good and managed to make more QSOs. The last few hours were windy
which meant my half square verticals would not stay aligned, probably creating
artificial QSB. The antenna worked well otherwise. I had fun working a number
of new countries and zones with my QRP setup. I got zones 1 to 9, 11 to 14, 19,
24 to 28, 30 to 33. Zones 10, 15, 16, 20, 29, 35 were heard. Thanks for the
QSOs! There are some very fast smooth A-1 operators out there setting the
standard.
72, David N6AN