[3830] PaQP K3PAX(@WA3EKL) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alanbhof@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP K3PAX(@WA3EKL) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 16:50:27 +0000
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party - 2023

Call: K3PAX
Operator(s): KB3VQC K0OO KC3VBH KC3WNF N3DPB WA3EKL
Station: WA3EKL

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Severn, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 11:51

  160:    9      0
   80:   43     54
   40:    0    208
   20:    1      3
--------------------
Total:   63    265  Mults = 62  Total Score = 23,520

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3PAX is the club call of the Chesapeake Wireless Society, CWS, most of whom are
members of PVRC.  We fully support other states QSO parties especially those
states that touch the PVRC Emblem of which Pennsylvania is one.  We want to
thank Pennsylvania for hosting such great party.  We would farther like to add
that every PA operator that any of our ops contacted were the most courteous,
kind, patient and friendly operators that any of us have ever encountered in any
QSO party and we know some of you all were hard core contesters!  Thank you
ladies and gentlemen.

We also want to welcome back K0OO to out contest crew who has been out of town
for a while.

Our goal this weekend was to introduce a new couple into the sport of contesting
using SSB and CW mode since their first ever mode contesting was RTTY.  Our Male
member started out with "mic fright".  However after four hours of
working PA stations on 40 meters he announces to the entire crew he was totally
over his mic fright!  Our female op mentioned a numbered of times how nice the
PA stations were wishing her a great day, etc.

None of had any problem with the a station saying "please copy".  To
us that was just being courteous.  We all had a great time and our new couple
greatly enjoyed the party.  The food was great as always even though WA3EKL
prepared it under the supervision of his XYL N3DPB!!

73 from our crew, KB3VQC K0OO KC3VBH KC3WNF N3DPB WA3EKL