[3830] CWopsT OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:58:29 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0700Z Sep 28

Call: OH5ZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP21SA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.75

Total:  35  Mults = 30  Total Score = 1,050

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

X-ray levels were in the C1-range. A M1.3 flare
hit only after CWT at 0907Z. This was the only
session I could reach just ovet 1k points, as I
have been called away at multiple occasions for
medical assistance.

My practicing on the FT-710 continued. Probably
with a USB-connected radio to N1MM+ there would
not be much difference between the IC-7300 and
the FT-710, but presently the CW MEMORY-interface
on the FT-710 screen is too overwhelming. First
of all it effectively blocks the change of any
operational settings either via the LCD-screen
or knobs/buttons. Zooming to station spectra
was now easier by activating the Marker (red
vertical line on the waterfall) and by putting
waterfall speed to Fast3 (EXPAND turned off).

The CW-sidetone (monitor) has sharp edges, an
the clicking could be avoided by softening the
rise/fall times of the CW-audio generator. I did
not notice any RFI backward into the headphone-
port like with the FTDX-10. Also I did not see
any parasitic oscillations of the FT-710 PA-stage
like with the two FTDX-10's I tested 2 years ago.
The FT-710 was able to drive the SB-230 well.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA  NP2ZA #1856 CWops