[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K2QO/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K2QO/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 14:11:20 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2023

Call: K2QO/R
Operator(s): K2QO
Station: K2QO/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: WNY

    6:   93    20
    2:   83    22
  222:   55    14
  432:   67    14
  903:   29     9
  1.2:   38    10
  2.3:   17     6
  3.4:   15     5
  5.7:    1     1
  10G:    1     1
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  399   102  Total Score = 77,214

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

Wow, what a barn burner! Great activity start to finish. Any apologies to all
the stations to tried to work me but got caught up in band-hopping with no way
to reconnect. Two things stand out. First was a random Q on 3400 that lead to a
complete run of the bands and secondly, the last Q of the contest for me. A VE2
who I worked on 2M FT8 sent me a note in FT8 of 222137. At the time I was
pointed 90 degrees from him. I rotated the beam and went to 222 calling for the
few minutes until the end with no Q. Oh well. That was the only station that
tried to move me.

And if my math is correct, I only make 30 FT8 Qs out of 399 which is much less
that the 17% FT8 I did in September 2022. Things are going in the right
direction. I basically only used FT8 while on the NYS thruway for my 2.5 hour
drive from Utica to Rochester. All it needs to look down for a second and if the
TX Enable is off, to turn it on. WSJT does the rest. It is almost cheating. As I
commented to one ham after the thruway run that I had NO IDEA who I worked, they
just showed up in the log. I should put that button on the dashboard and press
it when it goes out :-)

73,
Mark K2QO/r
FN03ra