[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KR1ST Single Op-Analog HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KR1ST Single Op-Analog HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 14:07:01 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  123    50  Total Score = 8,850

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

I did not go for an all out effort as I knew the weather would get bad and
probably keep me off the air for a good bit. (Little did I know how bad it would
get; major flash flooding in the area leaving one person dead.) I chose to try
analog only because I've worked enough FT8 during the two large tropo openings
to last me for a while. :) And to work many of the same stations yet again in
the contest a two weeks later on FT8 seemed kind of lame to me.

About an hour and a half into the contest I thought it would be fun to meet one
of the Packrat's newest members, Scott, AA2SD, on Camelback Mountain where he
was operating from as a rover. It was really nice to meet Scott and admire his
impressive new rover setup. It gave me some ideas on what I might want to do for
some portable operations.

I also had really nice ragchews with some folks who just got back on the air
after a hiatus of many years, and learned about hamradio activities in my area
that I was not aware of and I'm going to check out.

I actually called very little CQ as that usually doesn't net me very many QSO's,
and just worked whoever I could find while doing other activities. I also did
not use the chat page, Slack, or what have you.

Thanks everyone for the Q's. It was fun! I hope to see you in the next one.

73,
--Alex KR1ST

Contest: ARRLVHFSEP
 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grd  Pt/Q
    50  CW       1       1    1   1.0
    50  USB     38      38   14   1.0
   144  USB     35      35   12   1.0
   222  CW       1       2    1   2.0
   222  USB     19      38   10   2.0
   420  USB     24      48    8   2.0
  1240  CW       3       9    2   3.0
  1240  USB      2       6    2   3.0
 Total  Both   123     177   50   1.4
Score: 8,850
1 Mult = 2.5 Q's

Rigs: IC-7300 w/ DEMI L222-28HP (50, 222)
      IC-9700 (144, 432, 1296)
Amps: Gemini HF-1k (50)
      Gemini 2 1.2k (144)
      Beko HLV-1000/222 (222)