[3830] CWopsT AH7RF Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT AH7RF Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 04:22:39 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Apr 20

Call: AH7RF
Operator(s): AH7RF
Station: AH7RF

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:

Total:   2  Mults = 2  Total Score = 4

Hello from Kawaihae, Big Island!

I was operating outside, near the dipole (in the outhouse).

Testing out the new to me MTR-4b, which will go adventuring on my hikes while my
KX2 is in the shop. I tried to get on at 19z and got rained out. I had covered
the outhouse with a tarp, which didn't work out so well when it started raining
hard. My ham shack definitely looks like a shack now...

Anyways, 3z was nice and not raining.  Could hear lots of stations, about like
my KX2, that was nice! I tried a contact with AH6KO, and my key went completely
wild after my name and number, causing me to go off the air while I figured it
out (and disassembled the paddles, and stuff). You know, I'm very careful not to
get the radio wet. Everything else? Not so much, everything was still damp from
earlier today. Not quite sure what was going on with either my radio or my
paddles, and I'm not sure if I should count that contact (and I didn't write
down the time, anyways). I was able to get back on a bit later, and got a new
state (Indiana! Thanks WT9U), and one other contact (N5AW). Not much else, but I
got some decent spots on the RBN (after everyone had moved to 40m). Neato. The
MTR-4b definitely works :-)

I'll try again at 7z, weather permitting!

Aloha and 72

Heather
AH7RF